Thursday 19 November 2015

Northern Lights

It has been a busy couple of months since the biggining of this year.


Things were expected to slow down during the summer. However luckily I managed to work all summer.....got to the point where I didn't know how to relax anymore. It wasn't a bad thing, but I wanted to free myself from the stress I was having at that time...... so I decided to have a long holiday last month.

I first flew to my home country, Japan.

I try to go back there every winter, but I never went back in Autumn since I left 10 years ago...

I was very excited. I LOVE Japanese Autumn!



I saw a beautiful Northern Light on my way to Japan......from the aircraft window.

I don't know how rare it is to catch this kind of view while flying...but it was truly stunning and it took my breath away!





I happened to have my 5D MarkIII on my knee (as you do) so I rushed to get a photo......and realized I didn't have to rush at all. The bright green sky entertained me for the whole 8 hours.


As you can see (the slight blur and the noise) I had some trouble taking these shots.  Obviously had to have a slow shutter speed on a shaky aircraft (It was a bumpy ride) as well as having a difficulty of focusing in the dark. Reflection on the window was tricky, too (person next to me had an entertainment screen turned on and my camera kept focusing on that).

As you can tell I had a sleepless flight, but it was so worth it.

It was just right outside of my window. Made me realized that we weren't just having an amazing view of Northern Light, we were actually flying through it.

These kind of miracle really fulfills happiness in my life.



It was definitely the best plane ride I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment